This write up will talk about modifying the ke5fx HP 7470 plotter emulation software to work with a 54600B oscilloscope using Microsoft Windows.
NOTE: make sure to use a null modem cable
Steps to setup computer:
- Get a working serial port on your computer with a USB to serial converter or a native serial port.
- Download the ke5fx software from: http://www.ke5fx.com/gpib/7470.htm
- Modify default_connect.ini Comment out the top line and add the second line (Make sure your com port is correct):
interface_settings com3:baud=19200 parity=N data=8 stop=1
- On the 54600B go to the print menu and make sure the scope is in DTR mode, also make sure the scope is set to
Steps to print image to computer:
- Make sure that the com port your device is on matches the default_connect.ini file. If it does not then edit the file or use the device manager to change the assigned to serial port mappings.
- In the ke5fx 7470.exe software choose this option:
- Press print screen on plot